Tuesday 2 August 2011

Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes

My dad can sometimes be a questionable cook. He has been known to produce garlic scrambled eggs, worcester sauce on bread and the occasional broccoli with accidental caterpillar. However, sometimes he gets is spot on. When I was young, he used to make cheesy baked potatoes, where you bake the potatoes, scoop out the insides and mash with a great pile of cheese and butter, return to the skins and bake a bit more. I love this combo. But I have tried to add my own twist to it.

Cheesy stuffed baked potatoes:

Do as above, but to the cheesy mix add fried pancetta, steamed spinach, in fact any other things in the fridge. I have used mushrooms, feta cheese, red onions, cherry tomatoes... But the pancetta and spinach seems to be the winner so far.



I make these in bulk for lunches. Everyone in the staff room at work is jealous when I have these- they smell delicious and taste even better the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment