Sunday 31 July 2011

Chicken, mushroom and leek pie

I haven't been feeling well this week so haven't felt like eating much. Although on a Sunday I feel like effort should be made to cook something half decent for dinner. Chicken pie (or any pie for that matter) always makes me feel better. Perhaps it's because I'm northern?

I went all out and even made my own pastry.

I'll try to give a brief summary of what I did to make each thing I cook.

So here you go:
Chop up 2 chicken breasts and fry with chopped leeks and mushrooms, put them into a bowl after 5 mins or so. In the same pan make a roux and instead of adding just milk to make a white sauce, use half milk and half chicken stock. Mix everything together. Make some shortcrust pastry by rubbing together butter and plain flour and bind with a little water. Rest and then roll out. Line the pie dish and put in the filling. Put a pastry lid on top and decorate with the scraps if you can be bothered. Brush with an egg wash and bake.

My first yummy foodie blog post. I can't make any wild claims but this pie has really made me feel better!



1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmmmm delicious. I might steal some for my lunch… or maybe the homemade moussaka… decisions eh! :p

    ReplyDelete